Select and Copy the following to your blog or webpage:
ILoveUSA Star Rating
Franklin Roosevelt is #famous for many things. A few of them are:
- Establishing Social Security
- Being the WWII President
- Polio - although he was rarely photographed in his wheelchair
Franklin was a determined man. After he contracted Polio in 1921, he tried many therapies and never accepted the fact that he was permanently paralyzed from the waist down. He was fitted from hip to toe with iron braces and could even "walk" short distances by rocking his torso back and forth. He often appeared in public addresses standing aided by his son.
After serving 4 terms as President of the #UnitedStates, his popularity is the reason there is now a 2-term limit on the Presidential office as stated in the 22nd Amendment.
A #littleknown fact about FDR, is that he developed a second #BillOfRights aimed at American workers that was never implemented, but I bet some of us wish it were! Check it out:
- The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the Nation
- The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation
- The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living
- The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad
- The right of every family to a decent home
- The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health
- The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment
- The right to a good education
Copyright © 2020 iLoveUSA.com. All rights reserved.