Select and Copy the following to your blog or webpage:
ILoveUSA Star Rating
The city of Boston (founded in 1630) was incorporated on March 19, 1822.
Did you know...?
- Boston was originally named Shawmut.
- The name was changed to Boston after Boston, England, a town where many of the more prominent colonists originated.
- The state is home to the first University, Harvard, founded in 1630.
- It is also home to the first elementary school, founded in 1639.
- The deepest tunnel in the U.S, the Ted Williams Tunnel at 90 ft deep, is located here.
- The Boston University Bridge is located here and it is the only place in the world where a boat can sail under a train passing under a car driving under an airplane.
- About 250,000 college students live in Boston.
- The city re-enacts the Boston Tea Party every December.
- Boston Common, established in 1634, is the oldest public park in the country.
- Boston built America's first subway system in 1897.
- Alexander Graham Bell made the very first phone call in history from Boston on March 10, 1876.
Find more interesting facts here.
Copyright © 2019 iLoveUSA.com. All rights reserved.