Select and Copy the following to your blog or webpage:
ILoveUSA Star Rating
The city of Boston (founded in 1630) was incorporated on March 19, 1822.
Did you know...?
- Boston was originally named Shawmut.
- The name was changed to Boston after Boston, England, a town where many of the more prominent colonists originated.
- The state is home to the first University, Harvard, founded in 1630.
- It is also home to the first elementary school, founded in 1639.
- The deepest tunnel in the U.S, the Ted Williams Tunnel at 90 ft deep, is located here.
- The Boston University Bridge is located here and it is the only place in the world where a boat can sail under a train passing under a car driving under an airplane.
- About 250,000 college students live in Boston.
- The city re-enacts the Boston Tea Party every December.
- Boston Common, established in 1634, is the oldest public park in the country.
- Boston built America's first subway system in 1897.
- Alexander Graham Bell made the very first phone call in history from Boston on March 10, 1876.
Find more interesting facts here.
So while an incredible amount of progress has been made, on this fifth anniversary, I wanted to come here and tell the people of this city directly: My administration is going to stand with you - and fight alongside you - until the job is... Read More
Memorial Day Tribute Honoring those U.S. servicemembers who have lost their lives. American Revolution - 4,435 War of 1812 - 2,260 Indian Wars - est 1,000 Mexican War - 13,283 Civil War - 498,332 Spanish-American War - 2,446 Worl... Read More
Did you know, it was on February 11, 1752 that Benjamin Franklin opened Pennsylvania Hospital - the first ever hospital in the United States?? THANK YOU to all the caring medical staff that help bring America back to health! It's not fair... Read More
Copyright © 2020 iLoveUSA.com. All rights reserved.