Select and Copy the following to your blog or webpage:
ILoveUSA Star Rating
The Jefferson Memorial, honoring one of our founding fathers, was dedicated on April 13th, 1943 by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Did you know: 6 Facts about the Jefferson Memorial
- The Jefferson Memorial is open 24 hours a day.
- Although the memorial building was finished in 1943, the statue of Jefferson was completed for another four years.
- The memorial was John Russel Pope.
- The statue inside was created by sculptor Rudolph Evans.
- The Declaration of Independence, as well as quotes, letters, etc from Jefferson can be found on the right panel.
- More than 2 million people per year visit the memorial.
Have you ever visited?
From the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire, let freedom ring. From the mighty mountains of New York, let freedom ring. From the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania, let freedom ring. But not only that: Let freedom ring from every h... Read More