Select and Copy the following to your blog or webpage:
ILoveUSA Star Rating
May is Military Appreciation month! Here are 9 great ways to thank a veteran: http://cnn.it/1oAyFnl
The http://www.nmam.org/ website has some great tips on how you can support your military!
- Fly the American flag at your phone or place of business.
- Engage media to highlight military and veteran events.
- Send care packages to soldiers through USO Cares.
- Encourage your elected officials to recognize our military and veterans.
- If you're a veteran and see another veteran, render the proper salute!
- Ensure that military discounts include all who serve and have served in the past.
- Civilians, when you see a person in a military uniform, stop to shake their hand and thank them for their service and sacrifice.
- Encourage schools to participate in military appreciation month by including military history in their curriculum during the month of May.
- Encourage local organizations participate in military appreciation month
- Hire a veteran!
Be sure to take a break from barbecuing at 3 p.m. for a national moment of remembrance to reflect on the real reasons behind the holiday and to honor our fallen troops. Update: To the 90,220 soldiers that lost their lives in the Vietnam w... Read More
Unfortunately, after Sept. 11, there was an outburst in America of intense suffering and patriotism, and the Bush administration was very shrewd and effective in painting anyone who disagreed with the policies as unpatriotic or even trait... Read More
The United States strongly seeks a lasting agreement for the discontinuance of nuclear weapons tests. We believe that this would be an important step toward reduction of international tensions and would open the way to further agreement o... Read More
Today marks the 10 year anniversary since The U.S. Department of Homeland Security began operations, on January 14th 2003. The attached Advisory System Alert Chart was phased out in 2011 for a new 2 level alert system but hopefully we n... Read More